Coffee can boost your mood and improves your concentration which makes it the most popular drinks all over the world. More than that, with its antioxidants property, coffee can also give you brighter skin.
Many people use coffee to rejuvenate their skin and eliminate the dull aspect. If you want to know how to use coffee for your skin, do not hesitate to keep on reading this article. We will give you some DIY coffee scrubs for lightening your skin.
The healthy antioxidants contained in coffee make it safe to apply to the skin. A coffee scrub can do wonders to your facial skin, including brighter skin tone and fewer clogged pores, fine lines or wrinkles. Additionally, it can keep your skin away from fungal, viral or bacterial infections.
To make a coffee facial scrub, you need these following ingredients:
- Coffee ground: 3 tablespoons
- Natural oil:1 tablespoon (you can use olive, grape seed, coconut or almond)
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon (you can add more or less based on the levels of consistency you want your scrub to have)
- Mix the coffee ground with brown sugar first. Then add oil to the mixture. Apply it to your facial area and gently massage your face in circular motions. Rinse with warm water to remove the scrub.
Coffee also helps to exfoliate the body skin. The caffeine in coffee can contribute to the elimination of unwanted oils, giving your skin a flawless look. Moreover, the rough texture of the coffee ground will diminish dead skin, leaving you with amazingly smooth skin. Ingredients needed for the coffee body scrub include:
- Ground coffee: 1/2 cup
- Coconut palm sugar: 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil: 1/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Have those ingredients above mixed well together. You can gently heat the coconut oil if it is solid but remember to wait until it returns to room temperature before adding it to the mixture.
- Apply it to your entire body for exfoliation. To store your scrub, keep it in an air-tight container.
Scrub to eliminate cellulite
Cellulite is a condition in which the skin appears to have a dimpled, lumpy appearance due to the persistent subcutaneous fat. Cellulite happens particularly in hip and thigh areas. Coffee works particularly well in eliminating the cellulite. You will need the following ingredients to make a cellulite eliminating scrub.
- Coffee ground: 1 cup
- White or brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil: 1 cup
- Mix all the ingredients until it is well-mixed. After washing your body, apply the scrub to the wet skin where you’re targeting cellulite and massage for about 60 seconds each area.
- Rinse your body with warm water to finish.